The Lansdown Club Tennis Championships
Results and progress through the draw will appear on the club’s web-site so you don’t have to visit the club to find out details of your next match. Where possible, matches in the later rounds will be publicised in advance so that you can come and watch and enjoy what will be high quality tennis.
We hope to find a sponsor to enable us to provide memento trophies for all winners and runners up to keep and Finals Day, on Sunday 26th September will include the juniors’ finals too and hopefully a big “˜social’ and other activities.
We are running the five main open events (men’s and ladies’ singles and doubles, and mixed) and their equivalent in the older age bands too. You are warmly encouraged to enter as many events as you can.
VIEW ENTRIES & DRAW
- Mixed Doubles Sunday 5th September
- Finals day Sunday 26th September
- By entering the Championships, each competitor is signifying their availability for play throughout the tournament, including finals day (Sunday 26th September).
- Match results must be emailed promptly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Play-by dates for each round will be strictly adhered to. It is the responsibility of BOTH players to organise the match. If the match has not been played by the due date the tournament referee will rule on which player progresses.
- In the event of disagreements, the decision of the referee shall be final.
- All group stages are mini-boxes and each match is one extra-long set with the winner being the first to 10 games (no tie-break). So an example of result will be “˜Roger Federer beat Rafael Nadal, 10-7′
- The mini-box winner will be the player with the most games. In the event of a tie, the results between players will be considered, if there’s still a tie then lots will be drawn.
- All knock out matches are the best of three 6 game, tie-break sets and full results should be reported. So an example of a result will be “˜Joanna Konta beat Naomi Brodie, 7-6, 3-6, 6-4′.
- Trophies will be awarded to the champions and runners up in each event
“Several events will have a small round-robin box to begin with offering you at least two matches without the seeded players in the draw.”