Welcome to the Lansdown Club - we have wonderful facilities providing the opportunity to play Tennis, Squash, Racketball and Croquet in lovely surroundings
Outside the lawn closure period, come & join in social Doubles on the following Clubplay mornings:
Monday morning (10:30/11am* – 1pm)
Tuesday morning (10:30/11am* – 1pm)
Wednesday morning (10:30/11am* – 1pm)
Saturday morning (10:30/11am* – 1pm)
*later 11am start during the winter
On Thursdays at 2pm there is competitive Singles team practice – all members welcome.
The Croquet lawn is maintained by a professional groundskeeper and is open all year round except for when it is taken out of service for annual maintenance – usually a few weeks October-November however adverse weather conditions may delay the lawn coming back into action until some time in December-March period. The lawn should not be played on when there is frost, snow or excessive surface water on the ground. Play should not take place before 10:30am Tues – Sun or before 11am on Mondays, to allow the groundskeeper to complete any necessary duties.
1. Members should arrive at the start of the clubplay session to take part in a ball draw – not required if there are less than five players present
2. No more than two teams of doubles (8 players) should play on the lawn simultaneously
3. If there is any play in progress when Clubplay starts then those players must either absorb new arrivals into their game or, if more than eight players altogether, stop play and engage in a ball draw (giving priority to new arrivals)
4. Anyone not arriving in time to participate in the ball draw may need to wait until the first game has finished, when another ball draw can be made (which must incorporate any new arrivals)
5. If more than 8 players are present at the initial ‘ball draw’ then the selected players must limit their games to six hoops and then give lawn time to anyone who hasn’t played
Note: If a 12 hoop game results in a 6 – 6 draw then a 13th (golden hoop) can be played. Similarly a 6 hoop game can play a seventh hoop in the event of a draw.
“Come and join in a friendly game with other members!”